Last week we got our dog Fred fixed. I told the kids that Fred was going to have a surgery that would hopefully make him a little more calm and sweet. If you have ever had the chance to meet our dog Fred then you know first hand what a wild and woolly mammoth he is.
So Thursday morning we dropped Fred off at the vet's office and returned later that afternoon to pick him up. As we were sitting in the waiting room I noticed Luke staring at a sweet little hairy dog calmly sitting under the receptionist's desk. Finally Luke looked at me with a very confused expression on his face and asked, "Mom. Is that.....is...that, Fred?" He was pointing to the sweet little dog under the desk. (In that little boy's mind the so called "surgery" had indeed made Fred sweeter and more calm and....little! Wow!)
As the receptionist and I both tried our best to restrain our laughter, I explained to Luke that no, unfortunately that wasn't our Fred. Our Fred was still going to be just as big and still pretty crazy. Sure enough at that moment the back door of the office swung open and out barreled our goofy, drugged up, hairy and yes, still big Fred.
1 comment:
So cute! :)
Post a Comment