Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bombs away!

Saying "cheese" for the camera is just not cool enough when you are at the Hill Aerospace Museum, so it was replaced with yelling "bombs away"!?

This place was a little pilot-wanna-be's dream come true! Very cool.

This is just the entrance! Inside are two huge hangers full of planes and jets and bombs and guns and rockets, you name it! Luke quickly took charge of the map that was given to us and always made sure we knew exactly where we were.

This was our favorite....the awesome SR-71 "Blackbird". It could fly from New York to London in TWO HOURS! Now how fun would that be to go for a little ride in! Dang!!! :) Pretty impressive!

Some of Luke's other personal favorites. (That would be pretty much any of the planes with shark heads or skulls painted on them.)





Just too busy for any smiling or "bombs away" posing here.






Showing of their lute from the gift store. Which they treasured right up until they saw the hotel pool. Then it was nothing but swimming. And more swimming.

We were heading up to Idaho for Robin's mission homecoming last weekend and decided to leave a day early so we could turn it into a fun little mini vacation and finally see the museum we kept talking about going to. On our way up to Idaho the next morning we stopped to see the beautiful Ogden Temple. It was such a nice warm day. Perfect for eating a nice 50 piece McDonald's chicken nugget meal outside. (Anyone else tried out that deal yet? 50 nuggets for $10.) We got a little nuggeted out by 30.:)

Next to the temple there is a little log cabin that is supposed to be the first home built in Utah.

This next picture I just had to stick on here. It's of one of our new windows! Oh... and two cute little kids. :) Plus an absolutely gorgeous sunset! Remember how there was that accident at our house and my kitchen window somehow got busted? Well Jeremy let me replace that one and a couple more. I LOVE them!!!!! (Thanks Luke and Ava for your craziness.) They are warm. They OPEN!!! And they have screens! So this summer I can get a nice evening breeze to actually come into my house. :) Plus they are sooo much easier to clean! I'm saving up to replace them ALL as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Alison said...

So cute! That picture of the window and the sunset really is awesome!

Thanks again for letting us bombard you and trash your house. Again. And thanks again for the birthday present! You didn't have to do that!

Come visit!

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

That lookslike a TON of fun! I haven't been to the museum since my sixth grade feild trip! I'm sure they have some cool 'new' stuff now. I can't wait until jason is done with school. I have been CRAVING a vacation. Even if it is overnight. I want to leave!!!!
Anyway, I really like your new windows! I am jealous. I guess when I have my own house, then I can do it...
oh, and those swimming skills are amazing. Way to go Luke!