Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What the....

Can I just vent for a page or two. So I feel like a criminal lately and it's REALLY getting to me. It all started last February with my first speeding ticket. Speed limit sign was moved from one side of the hill to the other and bamm.. I get hit with a $90 ticket and one year later I'm still mad about it. PS that speed limit sign was moved back to it's original spot a few months later....umm...I want my money back! Fast forward to December. I help an Animal Control Officer catch two roaming dogs in my yard (that I didn't even call about!) The guy asks me if my own dogs are licenced. Umm...no...what? BAMM $75 ticket + $15 per dog/per year to licence and one appearance in court in front of a VERY rude judge. PS who licences their dogs and CATS?? with the city anyways??? anyone? I had never heard of it before. Not to mention I helped the idiot catch the other dogs bugging my dogs!!!! GRRRRR!!! Rude!!! Can you tell I'm mad.

That brings us to today. Today I walked out the front door of my home and was almost plowed over by three deer booking it through my yard followed by two dogs hot on their tails. (they were not my dogs) Well after all the crap Animal Control put me through I swore to bug them with any petty little animal problem I saw. Plus I didn't want the deer or the dogs getting creamed by a car. So I reported it. But I couldn't just leave well enough alone...no...I decided to hop in the truck with the kids and drive down the hill by the river bottoms to follow the deer and see if they were alright. No sign of them. So we headed back home. I "totally paused"at an empty 4 way stop. Turned the corner. Cop car sitting there. I passed him and in my rear view mirror saw him flip around behind me. I was completely "Clueless":) as to why he was pulling me over...but found out that "I hadn't stopped at all at the stop sign". YES I did!!!!....I didn't really say this to the cop but believe me I wanted to! Apparently my "pause" as he called it was not complete or long enough. That's when he asked for my licence and registration. And that's when I remembered I hadn't grabbed my purse in my hurry to find the deer. CRAP. I explained what had happened and he went back to his car with my name and registration. After my story checked out, that I really had called in the deer/dog complaint, I don't think he believed me at first, he came back with just a warning for me......THANK YOU.......but that still didn't help the fact that I now feel like a total criminal. Do I have a "Please give me a ticket, I want one" post-it note on my back? All I want right now is to spend the rest of my life locked safely inside my little house....minding my own business...and I want all COPS and ANIMAL CONTROL and MEAN JUDGES to leave me alone! 10 Billion acres Sarah, 10 BILLLION acres!!! The end. I try really hard to be a good person and follow the law.... I guess just not the super stupid and petty ones, oh and the ones I've never heard of thank you very much! Okay I feel a little better, the end.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, Annie! I'm so sorry!! Stupid cops. Stupid OTHER people that don't follow the laws (owner of the loose dogs!!!) that never get caught!!! What the??!!??
10 billion acres, baby!! I'm with you all the way!!!!!!

Sarah said...

ps.
I love the music choice!

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

Dang it!!! I still think that Animal Control guy is lame!! I agree--just stay home!

Bryce and Camilla said...

Ha Ha! That's funny. I'm sorry, I'm sure you don't think so, but it gave me a laugh. I'm so sorry that happened. That just SUCKS!!! Hope it only gets better :)

Cam E. O. said...

I feel your pain. That is so LAME!

nana said...

Annie, I just have to say, I have never in my 51 years of life, have ever been given a ticket! Yes, I have been stopped lots of times but never a ticket! Perhaps I should write a book about the secret of living a crime free life! Love you, Aunt Julie

Annie Barker said...

Wow Julie! You really must know how to work it.:) (I the mean crying and stuff.haha) I had gone 30 years ticket free and now this...I must have lost my edge/hotness/whatever it is...it's gone:)write that book for me okay. But it should be called how to get out of a ticket not a crime free life because...well... remember the ducks!?!!! You're a murderer Julie.:)hahaha