Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happenings down at the farm...


I don't think they come much cuter than these two little rascals. Sarah's goat had twins, a little boy, Alastor, and a little girl, Opal. Just as sweet as can be!




It's good to see our old Tom-Tom loving life on the farm. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's died and gone to heaven. Speaking of cats that have died and gone to heaven...Karen told me something that happened to her a while back, it's a sad but strangely hilarious story that I have to share...sorry Karen.

A pretty fluffy kitty named Mrs. Norris once lived down at the barn. She lived there until she found herself a better home across the street with a sweet little old lady. Every once in while she would venture back to the barn for a quick visit and she always smelled of sweet apple cinnamon muffins. Over the years she became to good for the barn and never ventured to far from her wonderful muffin home. Fast forward to a week or so ago as Karen drove down to the barn one morning to feed. Nearing the barn she notices a fluffy lifeless cat lying on the side of the road. Quickly she pulls over. Her worst fears are confirmed...it's sweet Mrs. Norris. With tear filled eyes Karen lovingly gathers up dear Mrs. Norris in her arms. Keep in mind the cat is dead but still warm. Back in her car she drives to barn dead cat in hand. Little Thomas has now unbuckled to get a better look at what his mom is holding and crying over. She explains to him why she is holding a dead cat in car. At the barn the dead cat is placed in the tack room and Karen calls Sarah. She tells her about poor Mrs. Norris and something about how the ground is to frozen to dig a grave. Karen then feeds and drives home where she notices she has mascara streaked all down her face. Later Sarah goes down to barn discovers that the cat is not Mrs. Norris only a close resemblance and buries the look-a-like Mrs. Norris in the not frozen ground. She calls Karen to tell her and later Mrs. Norris is spotted very much alive on the porch of her muffin home. Something like this would only happen to Karen.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh!!
Is it bad that I'm laughing over a dead cat and an upset sister?
Poor Karen.
Only in our family.
It's nice that SOMEONE cried over that poor homeless kitty.

Sarah said...

That picture of Ruthy with the goat is awesome -- why so serious?

Mark & Shayla said...

Oh, my goodness---I needed a laugh today. I love Karen for being so sweet ...and I love you for posting the story.

mom said...

Oh - the story is great:) and I love the pictures!!