Saturday, September 8, 2012

Back to a Schedule

 
I'm really missing those lazy sleep-in late mornings.
 
 
And those endless hours playing in the backyard.
It's just weird not having these two little toothless kids around all day. I'm not quite ready to give up that freedom of having our days all to ourselves, but I know this is what comes with kids growing up.  It's nice to see them learn and grow...but so so hard to just turn them over to school for hours and hours. I find myself wanting to be a fly on the wall in their classrooms to make sure they're okay. Poor little Ava is struggling with a bad case of nerves in her second week of Kindergarten. Her first week was wonderful, she loved it, but now she can hardly eat before school and one day she cried...which makes me want to cry. It's getting better, slowly, with  A LOT of bribing. It will all be okay....I just have to keep telling myself this.
 
The weekend before school started Jeremy and his dad did a catering job down in Pine Valley and so Grandma Barker and the kids and I tagged along. We all spent the night in St. George and did a little shopping and a lot of swimming.
 
Ruthy asleep in the hotel room.
 
Our big SECOND Grader! We walked down to get a donut and juice before school.

 
The next week was Ava's first day of Kindergarten! She was sooo excited...a least for that first day.

 
After picking them up from school we went out for Slurpee's.

Ava and Luke are both in soccer this year so we spend quite a few evenings at games. 
Ruthy spent a good part of one game eating and searching for chocolate chip cookies and sat like a big girl in her cool chair.
 
Here are a few pictures of the yard. This year a friend gave me some Morning Glory starts and I just love them, they are so bright and beautiful.
 
 
And that wraps up a pretty nice little "legend..wait for it...dairy" summer together.








1 comment:

Sarah said...

I know. I hate that summer is over. Don't get me erong, I LOVE fall. But I miss the freedom that only comes with summer.
Fun Pictures.