Thursday, July 31, 2008

No Bears Are Out Tonight!

Just a word of warning, this song is Jeremy's idea, so sorry.

I think this summer has been so much fun, it seems like almost every weekend we've been able to get out and do something fun! This last weekend we camped up at Mirror Lake in the Uinta Mountains with Jeremy's Family. It was quite the camping trip...while we were setting up camp we found out that 2 bears were spotted the night before down at the camp sites by the lake. That night Rangers had set some bear traps around the area to try and catch them. Lets just say that Emilee and I were total clean freaks after hearing that news! Then I found a nice clawed up cooler just down from our camp and the goose bumps never left me! But thanks to Thomi and Jeremy packin' the heat and big old Duce standing guard all night, I actually slept really good. In the morning we headed down to the lake with the canoe we stole from my dad (thanks Dad!) Luke, Jeremy, and Rice fished most of the day away. Little Luke and his good luck pole reeled in quite a few fish. So when he was done fishing Jeremy took over the lucky kiddy pole and did pretty good too. It is so beautiful up there, it's defiantly one of my favorite spots. Emilee took a great picture of the hail/rain storm that soaked us all on our way back to our camp site. The rest of the evening we all just huddled around the campfire and ate and ate and ate. You can always bet when you're with Jeremy's family that you are going to eat really really good!:) We had, lets see...steak, grilled zucchini and pineapple, cheeseburgers(with all the fixin's), hot dogs, and of course plenty of chocolate! I was sure the way that food smelled we would bring in every bear around for miles, but we never saw a one! That night all 7 of us crammed ourselves into one tent, ours was soaked with all the rain. Lucky for us Jeremy's Dad got a new HUGE tent/cottage:) for Father's day and it fit all of us! After popcorn and a movie we all hit the sack, except for me! It was still raining and it was WINDY! I cannot sleep in a tent in the wind! I don't know why that is, maybe because I can't hear the bears sneaking up on us! Anyways, I guess the storm finally blew over and I eventually fell asleep. On our way home the next day we stopped a the gorgeous Provo Falls (another favorite spot of mine). It was a very exciting camping trip and we all had a blast! Thanks so much Grandma Barker, Emmy and Rice, we love you!

No comments: