Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Raft Trip


This last weekend Jeremy and I took off for a little get-a-way vacation up to Vernal. HUGE THANKS to Grandma Barker, Rice King, and Emmy for watching our crazy little kiddos all weekend! Can I just say that a 3 hour road trip is sooo relaxing without kids!:) We stayed with some really good friends, Alison and Morgan. Their new home is so beautiful! Anyway, we all woke up early Sat. morning and after a quick stop at Sev (that's what the Vernal folk call Seven Eleven)to grab some sweet shades and deodorant...(don't even ask!) we made our way up to the base of Flaming Gorge Dam, where we all piled into the rafts and started down the beautiful Green River. It was a blast! Except for the FREEZING COLD water fights that the guys kept getting into! Did I mention how FREEZING COLD the water was!!! I think we all got pushed in at least once.

We ate lunch at a place called Little Hole and then loaded up the rafts again and headed back for a second run down the river. There were some fun rapids and tons of beautiful scenery. We floated right by a huge heard of mountain sheep. The water was so crystal clear so you could see all the fish. It was so much fun! Thanks Alison and Morgan! I think we need to start making this a yearly tradition. Maybe next time we will bring the kids, Luke would love Vernal after all it is "Utah's Dinosaur Land", he would be in heaven! On our way out of town I took some dinosaur pictures for him, enjoy!

1 comment:

Wonderland Girl said...

Excellent Recap my dear. I am stealing all of it. ;)