Friday, November 5, 2010
Thankful
It's no secret I love photographs. They are my thing. In my mind a picture is worth a thousand words. So when it actually comes to writing...well writing is just NOT my thing. A little more personal maybe. Or it's probably because I struggle to get what's in my head out into words. But as I sat here struggling to share my thoughts on the past few weeks, I remembered seeing a stack of mail sticking out of the mail box when I pulled into the driveway after picking up Luke. So I stopped what I was doing to grab the mail. Then set it down next to me at the computer and tried to type again. A large manila envelope at the bottom of the stack caught my eye. So I opened it. It was from the State Office of Education. Inside was a letter to Jeremy informing him that he had received a scholarship that would be more than enough to cover the rest of his schooling. School has been a little more expensive then we planned on and we have been praying that this scholarship would miraculously work out. I couldn't help but cry as stared down at the letter. It's been a rough couple weeks for us. Two Sundays ago I had a miscarriage at sixteen weeks along. Scary, shocking, heartbreaking, but weirdly I think when life gets rough we suddenly realize how loved and blessed we really are. I don't think I have ever loved Jeremy more. (And not just because he caught me when I fainted, even though I do love him for that.:)) He is my rock. Everything is going to be okay when he's around. Then there's our families...what would we do without them. We love you all so much. Thank you for EVERYTHING. Sweet friends and neighbors who have been so thoughtful and caring. My little Luke and Ava. I'm so lucky to get to be their mom. I can't help kissing and hugging them just a little more than before. Most of all I'm thankful for prayer. Thankful that I can feel the love of our Savior all the time. He loves us and knows what's best for us. I've felt his love these past few weeks and again today as I opened the letter that was an answer to our prayers. Life has its ups and downs. We learn and grow and hopefully become stronger from it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations! That is so great! You guys deserve it. I hope you're doing well.
Miss you guys.
Post a Comment