Ava smashed her big toe yesterday and I mean SMASHED it! Poor little thing is still hobbling/hopping around today. After looking at her extremely black raised toe nail, I told her that her nail would probably fall off.
This was information I should have kept to myself.
Tears immediately welled up in her horrified eyes as she cupped her poor toe and cried, "It's gonna fall off!? No, no, no I don't like it when things fall off!"
No one likes it when things fall off. Trying my best to keep a straight face I told her that it was just the nail that would fall off but it would grow back good as new...didn't help.
At lunch time she had this to say about it -"My hurt toe, that the nail is gonna fall off, well, it was on my favorite foot."
I know I hate it when things happen to a favorite foot or hand.
I'm not sure why but the words that come out of this girls mouth make me laugh so hard as of late.
Like just a minute ago she was holding Ruth, telling her in her most high pitched sweet mommy voice- "Ruthy you're getting sooo big, yes you are, yeees I could just scratch your back."
And now I'm holding Ruth because apparently Ruthy "bunny scratched" her? Today Ruth has sharp little bunny claws like Karen's bunny who scratched Ava on the tummy. Poor girl has a smashed toe and is covered in bunny and Ruthy scratches.:)
I'm watching her now hobble away to go fetch me the nail clippers for Ruth.
4 comments:
Ha Ha Ha!!!
Oh, I needed a good laugh!!
Ava, Ava.
Poor thing! I lost my toe nail in Kindergarten and it DID grow back. I remember thinking that I was SO awesome because I got to wear slippers to school.
She is so funny!
Oh thats soo sad about Ava's toe:(
But Dad and I did have a good laugh!! She is so sweet.
Poor little Ava--she couldn't be any cuter!
Post a Comment