Thursday, June 28, 2012

9 months old



I took Ruth in for her 9 month check up yesterday. I really really cannot believe she is 9 months already. I think she seems so little still because she isn't crawling yet. Her doctor said that he's not worried about it, that she'll figure it out when she's good and ready. She just would rather scoot and reach and hover in crawling position but no crawling. She has two cute little bottom teeth now and loves loves loves to eat big people food and her favorite baby food is squash.  She now weighs 16lbs 2oz (I think most of her weight is still in those cheeks of hers.) She loves her Gary the horse, swinging, over the moon, crunching up papers with her hands, going for walks in her stroller, mowing the lawn with mom or dad in her backpack, and looking for Duce and Fred. She says Vvvv (the V sound) for Ava, momma, dadda, and babba. AND I am so happy to report that as of a few weeks ago she is now sleeping through the night! Thanks to some tough love...it only took one weekend and she only cried a couple of times for no longer than 10 minutes each. Why I didn't do it sooner is a very good question...maybe I was too tired to think about it.:) I love when I hear her talking to herself in the morning and I get to peek over her crib and see her little face light up with a big smile. That is one thing I remember about all 3 of my kids, that feeling of excitement to hold them,  like it's Christmas every morning.

No comments: