Thursday, June 14, 2012

Those sweet little big things



 
Cute little things like the way Ruthy chews on her toes...

...or how Ava pulls out this little white lawn chair anytime Jeremy is doing any kind of work outside like mowing the lawn or sanding garage doors. She just sits herself down and watches (takes after good ol' Bompy).
 ...or the time Luke came home from school with a traced pair of these glasses just for Ava and she was so excited. He is always thinking of her.
 
...or when Luke fell asleep in the shopping cart.

...and how Jeremy now has to haul "3 kids" to bed. Luke and Ava used to say "2 kids?" and that meant they wanted dad to carry them both to bed. I'm wondering how long he's going to be able to keep this up.:)

 
..or how I can look out the window to see Duce sitting in the yard while Fred speeds by wanting to play and all Duce does is bite at the air as Fred passes in front of him.
... or sweet moments like these...dancing and hanging out with Uncle Scotty.

 ...or looking in my rear view mirror to see this. I love them and I already feel the time I have with them as little kids is quickly slipping away. I want it all to just slow down a bit.

I could keep going and going. I just never want to forget these little things.
I think I started getting a little sentimental one night while we were reading before bed. I was scratching Luke's back and Ava was pulling..err..doing my hair.  It made me think back to when my mom would read 'Little House on the Prairie' to my sisters and I while we did her hair and scratched each others backs. It just doesn't seem all that long ago and I loved those times. Then one evening I was reading 'Stone Fox' to the kids...and we all know how horribly that book ends... I remembered it was sad, but oh my heck, I couldn't even finish the book! I had to pass it off to Jeremy. Ava and Luke just stared at me as I laughed and tried to wipe away my tears. Again it reminded me of my mom reading this one extremely sad horse book to us. We always picked it for her to read and she hated it because it always made her cry and we always laughed at her. I don't even remember what it was called, but I do remember a colt falling down a waterfall because it didn't listen to it's mom and it turned into a unicorn at the end. (Do you remember that book mom?) Anyway, I loved those times we read together and did hair :) and I love it now with my own kids. Right now we are finishing up the book 'Henry Huggins' and it is just the cutest book ever. We call Fred, Ribsy now because of it. Reading together is just the best. It may be just a little thing now, but looking back it's for sure one of those big things.

There is one other little thing that is turning into a big thing for me. These stupid white boxes at the end of all my posts!!! They are driving me crazy and I can't figure out what they are or how to get rid of them! HELP!?!


1 comment:

mom said...

yes, I still remember that dumb
book...I'd write more but I think I got something in my eye..