Monday, August 27, 2012

Off to a great start!



This morning I went to Wal-mart for some groceries with the girls after dropping Luke off at school. I had Ruthy in her car seat perched on top of the cart...which makes it really hard to see what's in front of you....can you see where this is going?  As I came to the end of an isle I plow head on into a giant display of boxes and boxes of chocolate chips and a garbage can. I must have screamed...I don't know? I don't really remember but Ruthy started crying as I  awkwardly used my body to brace the falling boxes. It was really loud... the crash and baby crying. Luckily not many shoppers were there that early in the morning and luckily a sweet shelf restocking kid came running to my rescue so I could thank him and get my red face and crying baby the heck out of there.
 ...And luckily my morning had gotten off to a much start. Ava and Luke woke me up with breakfast in bed. I thought I had overheard them talking about "doing something really nice for mom" as they were getting ready for bed last night. It was the sweetest thing, they made my display trashing day a happy one. They brought me: barely toasted bread with a lot of butter and sugar on it, a big glass of orange juice and two peaches placed neatly in cupcake wrappers. Oh and two cute pictures and six dollars, doesn't get much better than that.:) Maybe they had overheard me complaining all week about all the stuff I had to do and they felt bad for me or maybe they are just really sweet little kids. I love them!

1 comment:

mom said...

That was so sweet of Luke
and Ava, they sure are
thoughtful kids!!