The next morning we turned in our cabin key and said goodbye to Nevada City, then started the short drive to West Yellowstone. As we drove into the canyon we could see a large foggy cloud rolling it's way over the mountain tops and spilling out into the valley. I had never seen anything quite like it. By the time we came to Quake Lake we were in a beautiful foggy wonderland. We grabbed some breakfast at West Yellowstone and headed into the park. I told the kids to keep their eyes open for all kinds of animals and Ava asked me if the animals would be by the slides and monkey bars too... maybe the word "park" was a bit miss leading.:)
Jeremy finally gave up and just dumped the kids and I off, so we wouldn't miss it erupting then have to wait forever for the next one. On our walk back to find Jeremy, Luke starts to cry saying that he wanted to watch Old Faithful with Daddy. (I guess I'm just not as fun as Daddy.) As it turned out Jeremy had found a parking spot right after dropping us off and got to watch it after all. So we met up with him and thought we'd enjoy a little walk together around the boardwalks behind Old Faithful, something I never remember doing before. And we just happened to be there when Castle geyser erupted. It lasted for about 40mins and goes off around 3-5pm every day, we were there about 4ish. Luke was so excited, he just couldn't believe our good fortune to be there at the exact time it went off!
Done with a few pictures and they're out of there!
Ruthy enjoyed playing in the sand and eating the sand. She also pooped sand for the next few days.
We said goodbye to beautiful Yellowstone and headed over to Cody for dinner and then it was on to Byron.
2 comments:
So pretty! Great pictures, Annie. I need to go back - I love Yellowstone.
Your pictures are great!!
Looks like you all had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment