Sunday, October 14, 2012

Top ten reasons why I love this age..

1. She's getting so independent but still loves to be cuddled. She will just roam the house, usually ending up in the kids room or in a cupboard in the kitchen. And when she's done exploring I can hear her little "mmmmom mom, mmmom" as she crawls to find me.  
2. She loves to help me empty the dishwasher and will hand each dish and spoon to me to be put away. As helpful as she is she is also is a master mess maker. 
3. Dump it, throw it, taste it... is her life motto right now. When she comes upon something that needs to be dumped out, she has to do it, especially when it comes to the dirt from my potted plant in the living room, or a box of tissue, or a bowl of cheerios, or any of Luke and Ava's toys, and most especially the garbage!:)
  4. She hums and jibber jabbers while she plays. 
5. She loves to look at pictures. We have some pictures of horses up on the walls and those are her favorites, she will try to whinny by making a loud "mmmm" growly sound. 
6. She enjoys watching our dogs from inside the kitchen screen door and squeals and laughs when Fred or Duce jumps up on the porch to see her. And she loves going for walks with them.  Watching them walk in front of her stroller as they pace back and forth sniffing this and that is so entertaining. She loooves being outside!
7. She will give kisses on command, unless she decides daddy looks too scruffy. If she wants to give you a kiss she will smack her lips together as loud as she can. Tonight after the Luke and Ava went to bed I started running her bath and she crawled off down the hall. By the time I caught up with her she was in the dark standing by Ava's bed trying to wake her up with her loud smacking lip sounds, she wanted a kiss and she hates it when Ava and Luke aren't around to play.  
8. She is a really good wall and furniture walker. She walks along holding onto everything... once in a while we will catch her standing all by herself until she realizes what she is doing and then she quickly sits down. Crawling is just so much easier and not so scary.:)
 9. She loves to eat meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, squash, french fries, and beans and we love sharing a big bowl of cold cereal and bananas together.  If you are eating something and she wants a taste you will know by her loud squawking. But it's a no go on the whole milk bottle, which is sad because I really look forward to when they turn one and can have milk. She just doesn't like it, we've even tried adding in a little strawberry or chocolate syrup...doesn't help.  The only way we can get her to drink a little is if she can use a straw or with cold cereal.
10. She's our little tiny peanut. At her one year doctor appointment she weighed 16 lbs 8 oz. and that's okay with me...if I had it my way I would keep her sweet and tiny forever!
Her crooked little two bottom toother smile. She just got 3 new teeth on the top finally!:)



Because I can't stop at only ten reasons here are a few more... I love how when she laughs she still says "gee" or when she gets hurt she says "ooooohh"and then she thinks about if she should cry or not, usually she does. I love her crazy hair in the morning and the way she lays her head down on my shoulder when she's shy. I love her high-fives and the way she waves backwards and how sweet she blows kisses. I think it's cute how if I smell something she has to smell it too. I love how she tries to put on her own shoes and when I rub lotion on her she always needs a squirt on her hand too, so she can eat it. She is always making us laugh and we love her.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cute pictures. I love those big blue eyes!