
So Camaron wanted me to share some of my "Pet Peeves" and after this last week I think that venting a little bit will be good for me so here it goes...
Pet Peeve #1: Moms who sit their kids up on countertops! Only bad can come of this, believe me! Like I don't know...a broken arm!

Yep, that's little Ava with a broken arm from falling off the kitchen counter, way to go Annie! Jeremy now calls her "Duck Wing" (as if she doesn't already have enough nicknames) Poor little thing she is so cute running around with her little sling on still trying to keep up with Luke...I could go crazy at the stuff she still thinks she can do! Which brings me to my next pet peeve.
Pet Peeve #2: Moms who constantly get after their kids. Which is me. Listening to me all day would drive anyone crazy... "Ava get down from there!" "No! Don't jump off the bed!" "Luke what do you think you're doing with that step stool...No, you can't use that to help Ava climb up on the dresser!" "Ava stop running, you're gonna fall down!" "Luke don't push her!" AAAHHH! See what I mean. I don't know how our moms did it! I feel like I'm raising a little pack of wild monkeys and I'm not doing a very good job. Plus Ava isn't sleeping good now, which means I'm not sleeping good now, and so I'm a little tried and a lot cranky/paranoid.
So as if things aren't bad enough here is my last pet peeve.
Pet Peeve #3: Saying goodbye to sweet little pets.
Why are some of us so sensitive when it comes to animals. My sisters and I are the worst! This last Friday Karen had to put down Smokey because his feet were in really bad shape and he was in a lot of pain, darn it. It was really sad, especially for Karen because he was her horse. I think we had Smokey for over 10 years and he was always so sweet. I'll never forget him drinking soda pop out of the can when we had cookouts down at the barn. I just wish that animals lived longer! But I think maybe it was Smokey's time to go because Grandpa just needed a really good horse to ride. OK, I know it sounds like things were pretty crappy but we did actually have some good times before everything got so...crappy. We played around on the "California Beach" at Utah Lake which the kids loved! And the 4th of July was so much fun! We spent it with the Barkers. It was a day complete with a slip'n slide, ribs and shrimp on the grill, a projector movie outside in Grandma's backyard, and of course fireworks! Tomorrow we get Ava's little cast put on and hopefully from here on out things get a little better. Life is full of ups and downs that is for sure!
1 comment:
Oh please. I would take your pack of monkeys anyday! By the way I love your soundtrack (Rob Zombie-nice- I never knew:))
Post a Comment