Friday, April 16, 2010

Forever ago Shayla tagged some people to post the 10th picture in their 1st folder. Karen reminded me that I was one of those people. My first folder is a lovely mess of a folder full of this and that, mostly old scanned pictures. The 10th picture was just plain embarrassing. Not going to post it! Here's my 11th picture...

A fun day with Sarah. Cart racing around with I think this was Melanie's horse. This picture cracks me up because just earlier today Sarah and I were talking on the phone about 6 million acers, buggies and a simple self reliant life. :) Sarah just posted a pretty horse video that she and Karen made back in the day. It's just relaxing to watch. It makes me want to slow down life a little. Enjoy things a lot more. I start to feel like I'm getting smothered and slowly sucked into a world were everyone is driving around always hurrying here and there--searching for things that will make them happy, prettier, better--shopping for who knows what--building who knows where--it's all about bigger and better--slowly but surely the beautiful and real things in life are getting crowed out by it all. Someday we will all take a good looked around and realize that the important beatiful things in life have all been replaced and ruined with pointless silly crap.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Amen, sister!I say we all boycott society a build a commune...not a creepy commune, an awesome one...on six million acres :)

Halladay said...

Annie all you need is a southren sunday dress and a bonnett and that picture is complete!! I loved your comment by the way. Hey... and no fair cheating! I call you still have to post that tenth picture!!! I double dog dare you!

Wonderland Girl said...

Annie I just love you!! That's all I can really say about that post! :) Miss your guts.