Friday, April 23, 2010

Gardening

I snapped a few pictures of some beautiful green that is springing up all over the yard. I get so excited about it all!

parsley-cilantro-rhubarb-rosemary-chives-onions-hollyhocks & columbine

These are a few new things we're trying out this year. The margarita tulip. I love this tulip. It opens like a peony or rose, full of petals. I will for sure be planting more of these this fall. Jeremy really wanted a blueberry bush, so we are going to give it a try. This is actually a replacement to the one we killed earlier this year. If anyone has grown blueberries around here and knows of any tricks please let me know.

Now if we just keep these little stinkers who hangout across the street from eating it all. Last year we tried putting bars of Irish Spring soap all over the garden and it worked amazingly well. But this year our little herd has grown. One evening we counted 31! I'm tempted to stake crazy Fred out in the front yard to scare them away. :)
This is not my yard. I wish! I took a picture of a magazine page I ripped out years ago. Is that weird of me... taking a picture of a picture? I looove this fence! I want Jeremy to build me something like this to keep the dogs out of the backyard garden. Because now that we have it planted, I'm scared they will trample everything. So the past few days I've had to keep them under tight watch. I feel bad that they can't run crazy in their own backyard anymore.


I added this last picture in case Jeremy needs another idea of something else to build. A backyard porch swing would be so fun and relaxing.

No comments: