Thursday, March 24, 2011

Project New Orleans Square Courtyard

I am just itching to pull out the paint brushes. Last summer we left a lot of projects unfinished on the outside of the house. Every day I see them they scream at me to be finished. Remember the inspiration for my garage doors...

(I'm sure you can tell that these are not our doors....dang.... just my inspiration picture.:))
Ours are sanded and awaiting a few degrees warmer nights to have a nice fresh coat of paint slapped on them. The poor ugly things...Jeremy and I are so sick of looking at them (and I'm sure the neighbors are too!) But the project I am really excited about is my little "courtyard". It's just a tiny area between the house and the garage but I see big things in it's future. Maybe not quiet this big...
but my favorite little nook in Disneyland is the inspiration for this little spot.
So this is what I'm working with. I know it doesn't look like much... just a little spot Luke and his buddy have been using as their rock and treasure washing area (notice all the rocks everywhere). Last fall Jeremy built in the little arbor Karen gave us with some fence from Rice King. It makes for a fun little cozy nook. Some paint on the fence and trim. The side garage door painted the same fun blue as the stairs in the above picture. Bright potted plants/flowers and patio lights. Maybe an new umbrella for the table and there you have it. If it ever warms up enough we can get 'er done.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your fun ideas! Now I’m looking at our backyard thinking what fun things I could do to it :)
I just bought some seeds at the Walmart today!! Oh, I love spring!

Annie Barker said...

Your backyard is already cool Sarah. Pirate nights here we come!